This authentic eggplant and vegetables dip is a must try. It is fantastic for sharing and is served with veggie sticks or pita chips. Beautifully balanced and is an absolute joy to eat!
- 400 g eggplants or 2 medium ones
- ½ green bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 small deseeded tomato finely chopped
- ½ green chili pepper finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ tbsp olive oil plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
Make several small pricks in the eggplants to avoid bursting.
Cook for 30-40 minutes or until very soft and full cooked.
Let cool for a few minutes and peel the skin off.
Roughly chop the eggplants, add the chopped veggies, garlic, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil and salt and mix gently with a spoon.
Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with pomegranate seeds.